• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to move text from card to card Edited

Hi there,

I'm totally new on Trello and try to start my very own board. I'm in the HR business and try to organize candidats and regular administrative tasks like setting up the website, do some marketing calls and stuff like that.

The biggest problem I have, is to organize the applicants I deal with. E.g. I've got two lists on my board for lets say 2 clients (Company A and B). On every list there are 4 cards for people I have to meet (1), people I have already met (2), people that have been rejected (3) and those who have gotten a contract (4). I have worked with checklists on every card, so that every single person is a checkbox. After talking to A, I would like to move him/her from card 1 to 2 and so on.

I've also tried to put several checklists on one card (see Company A, card Position XYZ card) and move the people from one checklist to another. The problem is, that this is only a convenient way as long as I only deal with a hand full of people. Otherwise the card gets longer and longer.

Is there any powerup that could help me to reach my goal? I don't want to organize the 4 cards (meet, met, rejected ...) as lists, since I'll get mixed up with the companys this way.

Thanks a lot!

TrelloBoard2.pngTrelloBoard1.png

1 answer

0 votes
Antonio Panea Community Leader May 14, 2020

Hi @Faina_Dombrowski ,

I recommend you to download this Hiring & Recruiting template so you don´t have to start from scratch and it contains a lot of good tips for dealing with:

https://trello.com/templates/operations-hr/hiring-&-recruiting-MVwm6SjI/antoniopanea1/recommend

Cheers

Toni

Hi, I've checked that template but I'll have to use Google forms and Crmbler. Is there any way to avoid that? I don't need such a big solution, something leaner would be fine.

Antonio Panea Community Leader May 14, 2020

Hi @Faina_Dombrowski ,

Thanks for reaching out! You don't need to use Google forms if you don't want.

Moreover Crmble is free, so I think some functionalities could help you like graphics dashboard, crmble fields or import and export contacts within 1 week. o

Hopet it helps!

Cheers

Toni

Unfortunately Crmbler isn't the solution. I still have one card for one person, but I need a cleaner layout. The more applicants I have, the more cards I need to manage. That's not what I want. I am looking for something that allows several entries on one card AND the possibility to move entries from card to card. Isn't there any other way?

Antonio Panea Community Leader May 15, 2020

Hi @Faina_Dombrowski ,

Sorry to hear this! Thanks for reaching out again.

Taking a deep re-look on what do you want to do, my advice is to organize your board in a different way. Trello works with a Kanban phylosophy, which is a way to work itself. Form my engineering workflow perspective, I would give a chance to organize your work as I explain you below:

• The lists should determine an estatus of your expedient/client/lead/tasks. In your case ( Contacted, To meet, Already Meet, Rejected,...).
  • To determine the companies I would use labels with different colours like ( Company A, Company B ). You will be able to filtering labels as well.
  • Checkboxes are there for helping you do not missing the concrete tasks you have for each card (expedient/client/lead/tasks). I would use lists for determine estatus as I mention before. Otherwise you could loose the big picture of what is happening in your board. 
  • For getting a cleaner layout you can always archive the cards when the process is finished or create a list to leave them all.

I hope my advice helps you to get a different perspective!

Feel free to leave you comments and give me feedback. If you need any help with that here I am!

Cheers

Toni

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Thanks for getting back again! I think I found a solution. I've switched to Chrome browser, which offers a lot of neat extensions that help me categorize a bit better. I have sorted my applicants as you have suggested and use a coloring card extension in order to display the clients company colours. Now it's easier for me to tell which person belongs to which client.

Like Antonio Panea likes this

Hi @Faina_Dombrowski ,

happy to help! As the Founder of Crmble Power-Up, if at any time you want to go deeper on it and give it a chance ,we will be more than happy to help you walk through the process! 

Really happy to see my advice was helpful for you! Now enjoy Trello! The best platform ever!

Cheers

Toni

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

817 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you