It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to move lists vertically on the board? Edited

Hello all,

I have a board with several lists, which I need to see all at once and move notes between them.

I seem to be able to only order the lists horizontally, and since there are more than 4 lists, they don't fit on the screen and have to scroll to see the remaining lists, while 75% of the board is empty.

Is there an option to move the lists freely on the canvas, vertically as well?

Is there a power-up that allows that?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Ilan,

Currently, Trello does not support changing the list layout—however, we're aware of a Chrome extension that allows you to stack or grid lists. While we're not able to endorse any third-party apps (since we don't work with them directly), you can check them out at List Layouts for Trello.

In the meantime, I’ll pass your feedback on rearranging lists on to our team for consideration—let me know if there's any additional info you'd like for me to pass their way.

If you're curious about how our team decides on what requests we work on, this article gives some insight into that process: http://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, and we’ll be happy to help!

Thanks for the reply!

I hope the feature will be implemented and integrated as soon as possible.

Any optimization of space will be welcome:

- moving lists vertically (and preferably, freely)

- zooming in and out

- a small side-canvas that represents the full canvas, to be aware of lists not currently displayed in the scope of the monitor

- exporting and importing lists as XML / JSON

I have some experience in building environments that allow this sort of thing (graphic data representation and manipulation), so I have a general idea of what features improve on such programs and applications.

Your team can contact me for further info, suggestions and demonstrations at:

ilanseeder@gmail.com

Like # people like this

I need the same feature.  I can't see my lists at one go because there are too many.  "To do, doing, done" doesn't work for me so I have other list titles.

Like # people like this

Yey, I too want to be able to move lists and place them under each other - that would be soooo great! 

Like # people like this

Likewise - this feature would be super helpful.

Trello, if you could please respond to the timeline for this - the first request was made almost 8 months ago. 

Like Marek Struszczyk likes this

+1
I intuitively want to arrange my workspace into regions, not vertical slices. The ability to size and shape the lists and arrange them in space so their spatial relationships are preserved would be a godsend.

I’d like to throw my hat in the ring for vertical scrolling.  Particularly in the mobile app.  Side scrolling feels somewhat strange.  My natural reflex wants to scroll up and down like the majority of other apps.  

I love this app btw, it’s really everything I was looking for in an organization app. 

0 votes

This is hard to believe so I'll ask to make sure I'm not being dumb.   If I have 10 clients and I want to have a list for each of them, do i have to scroll sideways to review my cards for my 10 clients?  Short of large spreadsheets, scrolling sideways seems counter-intuitive and not so easily done.  And I want to use the Windows or IOS app, not Chrome.  And based on the Chrome add-in that allows for vertical lists, using the Chrome add-in, which people seem to like, gives that developer the right to see all my boards/lists, and clients names? (I've resolved that I'm giving Trello certain access to my data.)   Is that correct too?  Thank you.  I have to think I'm missing something.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

NEW: Trello Board & Card Templates, Plus Community-Inspired Template Gallery

Hi there, Community! Jessica here from Trello Product Marketing. As we celebrate 50 million registered users, we're super excited to share several new features available in Trello now that will hel...

282 views 1 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you