Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move a board from Trello Workspace to Personal Boards

Vijay Gopal November 16, 2020

I have a free account. I created a board which is showing up in the Trello Workspaces. I want to move it to Personal Board space. However, when I click on settings to move it to another team - I only see Trello Workspaces as an option. I do not see Personal Boards as an option. What can I do to move this board from one space to Personal Boards

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

Hi @Vijay Gopal 

welcome to this wonderful community

Please see this helpful article written in Trello help. There is also an interesting sneaky article written at the blog. You can see workspace the same as personal board.

What is interesting in Trello help article:

Free workspacescan have up to 10 open boards (count does not include closed boards). Business Class and Enterprises can have unlimited boards in their workspaces.You are able to create multiple workspaces on the free plan. 

Hope this helps you!

Vijay Gopal December 10, 2020

Thank you Fabienne

Julia Lange January 19, 2021

Hm... I have the same issue, but it's a petty, I cannot make the board personal. It is much confusing to be, if my private board is a team board. Even if I am the only one who can see the content.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

Hi @Julia Lange 

welcome to this wonderful community

As you may read out of the copied text - team board may be seen as workspaces -> See the part from Trello help article

I’m not on a team.

I just use Trello on my own. Good point. That’s why we have begun to transition from calling them “teams” to calling them “workspaces” in Trello. Whether you’re using Trello by yourself or collaboratively, you can create a workspace for all of your different endeavors. For example, if you’re a solopreneur or a freelancer, you can create a workspace for your different streams of work, or just have one workspace with boards for different projects. Guests can easily be added to teams, allowing them access to only specific boards.

Hope this could help you - this means the board is personal to you but you are able to use it in different projects. 

Melissa Corrigan March 7, 2021

No. Not helping. 

I have personal boards.

I want to move a board from teams into personal 

It won’t move.

Like Subash Kalbarga likes this
moon Tantimala April 16, 2021

you can go to workspace and setting and delete this workspace. all your board move into personal board.

Vijay Gopal April 18, 2021

Thank you so much, Moon. I did that and it moved all Boards to the Personal Workspace.  Thank you so much. Your post was such a big help. And it was just in time as I was thinking of moving away from Trello because it suddenly stopped me from creating new boards.  Thank you so much - you’re a life saver.  :-) 

Anella Aker August 11, 2021

I don’t see this in my settings. Where did you find it?

1 vote
Scarlett_Wang January 23, 2021

If you don't need to use a workspace on a team, you could choose to delete your team on the left of the web page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events