Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lock a list in place on the board

T_G_ March 23, 2023

I saw in a post a few years back that there was no option to lock / pin a list in place.

Has this been updated by any chance? 

It is very easy to accidentally drag a list around when trying to move a card between lists. And with larger boards, sometime you don't remember where the list was.

Since moving cards between lists happens many times every day, it would be great to be able to prevent the list positions from moving around.

Thanks!

Terry

1 answer

0 votes
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2023

Hi @T_G_ 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

To my knowledge, there (still) isn’t a native built in option to lock a list within a Trello board.

It's always a good idea to provide feedback to Trello regarding this issue, as they may consider implementing a list locking feature in the future based on user feedback. You can provide feedback to Trello by visiting their contact page:

https://trello.com/contact

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

@T_G_ 

You could start your lists with a number 1,2,3... and use automation to run a scheduled command:

everyday at 6:00 am, sort the lists on this board by title

T_G_ March 24, 2023

Thank you for the information.  Sorting every morning would work.  Or just have a command to sort on demand if it accidentally gets mixed up.

I will provide some feedback on fixing / locking the list locations.  Hopefully others will do the same that feel this is a good update to Trello.

Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events