Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link due date from Checklist Item to the new Linked Card

Julianne Kiider January 9, 2021

I have created checklist templates for specific projects. What I would like to do is:

-Once I set a date on the item within a checklist in my Projects List, convert the item to a linked card into another list (To Do) and set the due date of the new card to match the original item's due date and assigned member.

What I currently have:

Trigger: When an item is unchecked in a checklist named "Influencer Checklist" in a card with a due date, convert the item to a linked card in list "Influencer To Do" copying labels.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set the due date on the new card to match the item's due date, or add the assigned member from the item to now be the assigned member on the card.

2 answers

1 vote
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2021

That's a good catch - when you convert a checklist item to a new Card manually by clicking the "..." menu next to that Checklist item, then selecting "Convert to Card" the Due Date is copied, but when you convert it using Butler it isn't copying that Due Date. At the moment, I don't think there's a way to automate this with Butler I'm afraid, but I'm glad to bring this up with the development team as an improvement for the future. 

Julianne Kiider January 15, 2021

It would be great for this to be automatically part of the Butler feature! I would appreciate you bringing this to the Dev team.

Jordan Maris February 2, 2023

I am also having this issue sadly :( it's creating an unbelievable amount of trouble for me. Any news on this ?

Jack Henderson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 11, 2023

@Cody C. It would be very handy to know if this has been solved yet? Seems like such an obvious feature given the manual route does it...

Thanks

Teemu Sakari Kankkunen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2024

Just noticed the same issue, when checklist is copied to a new card via Butler it doesnt copy the due date. Would need this function also :) 

0 votes
Isabelle Turner March 12, 2024

How did you do this part?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events