Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to limit notifications to only items I'm tagged in (or intentionally watching)

Tom Salta April 20, 2021

Hoping someone can help me here.  I am managing several different boards and several different people. I am trying to avoid getting any notifications (email or in the Notification list) unless I am tagged or intentionally watching or subscribed to a list or card.

It seems my email options are hourly or nothing at all. And it seems there is no way to stopping filling up my notification list for every activity other people are doing (ie, moving cards, having conversations, etc.)

Please advise, thank you!!

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2021

Hi Tom,

It sounds like you might be watching the board. When this is the case you receive notifications for almost all events that happen on the board. You can deactivate this by going to "Show Menu > More > Watch". When you aren't watching a board you'll only receive notifications when you're @mentioned or you're a member of the card. There's some more information about what notifications you'll receive here: https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications.

Thanks,

Ryan

Tom Salta April 26, 2021

Thanks Ryan, that was my guess as well but I can definitely confirm I am not watching any of the boards. I have looked at each and every setting that I am aware of pertaining to subscribing, watching, etc. Could it possibly be because I am the creator of the boards or it’s part of an organization that I created? Are there any other levels of notification?

Again, my goal is to not receive any notifications unless I am tagged.  

Malory Babjak February 20, 2023

@Ryan I am having the same issue. Not "watching" any cards, but my bell notification icon shows me everything everyone is doing. I only want to see notifications for things I'm tagged in, not every move of every card. Please help!

Jeremy Worley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 6, 2024

I am having this same issue.  Did anyone ever find a solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events