Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep track my own duty on several projects

Gary Poon (Defond) May 6, 2017

I am an Electronics Engineer, mainly resesponsible for the software development. I have tried different project management tool but I found Trello is really great for software development, because it is simple and clear. As a software developer I do not need very deep detail of the project, which is the job of the project manager. I only need to keep track on the outstanding issue I need to work on. Ususally I am involved in several projects at the same time, Therefore I have several active boards  with other developers at the same time, one board for each project/team. However my problem is that I need to know my own duty on all of these boards, so that I can prioritize them. Now I need to open each board seperately, looking for my duty on each board, and then write them down on a different board or paper... However it is waste of time because I need to write the same thing twise (on the project board and on my own ToDo list board), and waste of time because I need to open all the boards and looking for my duty. Is there a way that I can keep track on the outstanding issues on several boards, reading them in one list/screen, so that I can proritize them? If Trello does not have this feature now, I think it will be great to add it.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2017

Devon Henderson wrote an article about filtering boards (and across boards). There's tips in there that might help you find cross-board cards at least. Prioritising them cross-board is another pair of sleeves, as people might say in my mother tongue.

Just on a side note, as a software developer, I think JIRA Software might cover the needs you describe better. All the features you mention are available there out of the box.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events