Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep a card template at the top of the list

Fred Lee February 10, 2022

Currently the Trello card stack woefully underperforms in one area: sorting. If you have a template and sort by date, the template card gets lost in the stack.

Template cards cannot, it seems, have a date or a custom field. And since cards cannot be pinned and there is only one sort criteria (e.g. you can't sort by title and then by date), there is no way to keep the template card at the top where it belongs. 

If there is a workaround that does not involve writing script, so that everyone who uses the stack can keep an agreed sort, I would love to hear it.

This is pretty simple stuff that other apps (e.g., Ryver) have long ago addressed, and it is long past time that Trello did so as well. Please.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex _ Trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2022

Hi @Fred Lee - as a default, all new cards created in a list are created at the bottom, so that all card ordering stays the same, unless a card is dragged to the top of the list, or an automation creates the card at the top of the list.

Nevertheless, we have an open feature request for pinning cards in our backlog. I've added your feedback to this request. 

Fred Lee February 15, 2022

Hi Alex,

I do see that new cards automatically go to the bottom. The problem arises when the cards are sorted by date--then the template is just shuffled in somewhere. 

I look forward to an update that allows pinning the template!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events