Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide template boards?

Benny May 25, 2023

This god awful feature appeared on my home screen today. I really hate these "Templates" and want them to go away. It's confusing seeing boards that I did not create next to my boards.

This is my home view, to have these "templates" in front of my main boards was a terrible design decision. Please remove it, or give me a way to as the user.

To be clear: This "Project Management" board was not created by me. This just randomly appeared today on my home screen. I hate it.

Screenshot from 2023-05-25 09-56-12.png

1 answer

0 votes
Oliver S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2023

Hi Benny, welcome to the community!

Appreciate your feedback here! Will pass on your feedback to the team.

It's one of the templates that comes up under "Most popular templates" from the template gallery:

Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 3.53.31 pm.png

That section itself can be removed with the X. When I clicked on the 'Project Management' template, it came up under my 'Recently viewed' section:

Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 3.51.54 pm.png

To remove it, simply open some other boards and that should remove it off your recently viewed:

Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 3.57.12 pm.png

Hopefully that helps as a workaround!

Benny August 20, 2023

> That section itself can be removed with the X

You're talking about a different section, please see this screenshot:

Screenshot from 2023-08-20 21-51-54.png

There is not an "X" to remove this entire section. And there is no way to close the board. Across all my Trello accounts, there's now this Project Management board that I did not create in with boards that I did create. Why?? I would create it if I wanted it.

Oliver S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2023

Hi Benny, no probs. Was just mentioning that section as a reference to why the Project Management template was coming up in Recently viewed.

In the example you shared in the screenshot, it doesn't look like you've created a board with the Project Management template, rather you just recently viewed it.

The best way to remove that from the recently viewed is to open up some other boards in your Workspace. This will eventually move it off the list, as you've viewed other boards.

Understand this is not ideal. That said, there is a feature request open to get the option to remove the recently viewed section. Will pass your feedback onto the team for their consideration!

Benny August 21, 2023

>you just recently viewed it.

Incorrect, I have never viewed the Project Management template in the workspace shown in the screenshot. I only showed that workspace to show that it appears on all workspaces.

> open up some other boards in your Workspace. This will eventually move it off the list

Again this is not true. I have 1-3 boards in most workspaces, which are not enough to make the Project Management board invisible - no matter how much I view my own boards. Furthermore, that isn't a real solution anyway. Create a bunch of other unwanted boards just to push it out of view - that's your solution?

I did not create the Project Management board.

I did not view the Project Management board.

I do not want the Project Management board.

If you at Trello think that we all want a Project Management board that is impossible to delete, you are wrong. You should give users the ability to delete unwanted boards that we did not create in the first place - I do not need or want this board in all of my workspaces - I didn't create it! How is it difficult to understand?

It's incredible that I might have to stop using Trello - the first/main Kanban PM tool - because of such an awful assumption made by your UX team.

Oliver S
Atlassian Team
August 22, 2023

Hi Benny,

Appreciate your feedback and sharing your frustrations with this feature. I agree, we could definitely do better with providing the option to hide template boards and recently viewed.

I've linked your request to a couple of ongoing feature requests to improve this feature. Specifically:

• Ability to clear boards from this recently viewed panel
  • Ability to turn off recently viewed entirely

While I don't have an ETA, have passed on your feedback to our product team for consideration.

Hope this helps! :)

Benny August 22, 2023

I did not ask for an "x" to remove the entire section - you said there is an "x" which removes the entire section (there isn't). It wouldn't have been a solution anyway - I don't mind "Recently Viewed" at all. What I do mind is having boards randomly created that I can't delete. Should be straightforward, thanks for passing it on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events