How to have date in Custom Field updated for the date the card moves to a particular list.

Joelyn Weeks May 25, 2023

For example, when a card moves to the last list on the Board and there is custom field named for that list;  how can you have Trello auto fill the custom field with the date the card moves to that list?

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

Hi Joelyn,

The activity at the bottom of the card does track this info with a timestamp, however to acheive what you want you can do this(note, add your own listname and custom field name):

when a card is added to list "⚙️ In Progress", set date custom field "Date added to list" to now

or

when a card is added to list "⚙️ In Progress", set custom field "Date added to list" to "{isodatetime}"

Joelyn Weeks May 30, 2023

I don't see the information at the bottom of the card.  I also looked in rules for the list.  There is a note "when a card is added to list" <list name>, then the Add Action does not include a date other than a due date.

I will keep trying.

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2023

Make sure you don't have Hide Details disabled to be able to see the activity stamp:

Activity.png

1. If you see the box saying Show Details, click it to show all activity
  2. This is the stamp that gets put on a card that has moved

Regarding the automation:

Screenshot 2023-05-30 152152.pngScreenshot 2023-05-30 152440.pngScreenshot 2023-05-30 152525.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events