Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have Butler send report only when not blank

Csilla Csori September 2, 2020

I have a Calendar Command in Butler that sends a report of cards in a list. It works, but I would like it to only send the message when $report is not blank.

every day at 4:00 pm, create a report with all cards in list "Do Today", and post message "Trello cards due today: {$report}" to Slack channel "..." in workspace "..." as Butler

This is meant to be a reminder for outstanding tasks, so getting a blank report is just noise. I looked for ways to count cards prior to doing the actions or to check the value of $report before sending, but no luck. How can I add logic to only send if $report is not blank?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2020

Hi Csilla,

Unfortunately at the moment there isn't a way for Butler to detect when there are no cards in the list. Therefore  the report will always be sent regardless as to the condition of the list.

I'll pass this onto the Butler team to see if this is functionality that can be added in the future.

Thanks!

Ryan

1 vote
David Putz April 3, 2021

Has there been any update to this?

0 votes
Andy Forbes March 28, 2022

I've been able to get around this and set up a very similar report to the one you want using Integromat, instead of Trello's limited Butler. You can connect Integomat to Trello and any other services (email, slack, etc), and create a VERY customised report, including only sending a report if there are actually cards found matching your criteria.

https://www.make.com/en/help/app/trello

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events