Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get number totals for filtered columns

Peter Cranston February 24, 2023

Hi,  One of my clients asked recently if it is possible to show totals for filtered columns.

They are using a Trello KANBAN with hundreds  of cards and in "Sync" meetings they apply various filters.

Grateful if anyone can advise how to see the totals for each filtered column.

Many thanks,

Peter C.

4 answers

4 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tommi Partanen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 23, 2023

Update to my previous hack:
You can also get the number of cards to the email report by using numbered list formatting when listing the tasks on a report.

Example:
1. [{cardname}]({cardlink})

Peter Cranston August 23, 2023

Hi Tommi, thanks for the response. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tommi Partanen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 23, 2023

I've been struggling with this same issue @Peter Cranston because I need to monitor team members' workload and that people are not adding cards into the process by themselves.

The only workaround I've found is to create a board button that creates a report and emails it to me. You can't get the total number of cards on the report itself, BUT the run log of Trello gives out the total number of cards added to the report. :D 

Example from the log:
"Created a report with 35 cards on variable {$myreportvariable}"

0 votes
Answer accepted
Silvia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2023

Hi @Peter Cranston , 

I saw you have a similar question posted so I thought I could jump in with a suggestion.

Have you looked at Blue Cat Reports? We specialize in filtering busy boards, counts, averages, bar charts, historical lines and other analytical or operational goodies.

Here is an example of a report with the filtered number of cards based on specific lists that you can select.

card count.JPG 

When you sign up for a trial with us at Blue Cat, you can reach out to our support through the app and we are happy to help with creating a report as the above or anything else you might need.

Peter Cranston February 27, 2023

Thanks for the guidance. We have been using Blue cat for a number of months and find it invaluable.

However totals on live board when filtering would still be useful and is now being considered by Trello.

Many thanks,

Peter C.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2023

Hi @Peter Cranston 

If you use the filter, you can have the number already underneath each column:

filtered columns.png

Do you mean something else?

Peter Cranston February 24, 2023

Hi Alex, Thanks for the swift response. when you filter with "*" you get the total of all the cards in the column prior to filtering and not the filtered total.

It is the filtered total that my client is after.

Thanks,

Peter C

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events