Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get custom emojis to work/show up on Trello mobile app?

Kyle Woodson March 25, 2019

Hey all, I recently uploaded a custom emoji on desktop. Hooray! 🎉

I can see the custom emoji everywhere, including on my mobile phone's browser, except for when I view that card on the mobile Trello app it just shows the text string that's surrounded by colons (i.e. :emoji:). 

Normally I'd just find a work around, but this emoji is on my professional portfolio and I want to make sure it shows up everywhere someone might take a look at my board. Any help?

1 answer

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2019

@Kyle Woodson 

The Trello mobile app is a little limited in some ways.

Some features (like added Power-Ups) aren't available there. I am not 100% sure whether that also applies for custom emojis. But you might want to try to clear the cache first and see if the issue persists.

Here's an instruction for troubleshooting the iOS app.

Kyle Woodson March 26, 2019

Thanks for the response Katrin! Good guess on clearing the cache (really cool the iOS app has a one-time 'clear cache' setting/option). It didn't work 😝 but! it's more than likely that the mobile app doesn't support those custom emojis at the moment. Just going to cross my fingers that most hiring managers will be using every other method of viewing my board besides the mobile app (which is already a bit hard to pull up public boards that you aren't a member of).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events