Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get butler to send a private message on slack when they are mentioned in a checklist

Evangeline Sturges February 1, 2022

Hi, What would be the automation process for someone is tagged on a checklist, they receive a message somehow privately (on a private channel or from butler). 

I've tried setting it up using a private channel on slack but butler cant seem to find any private channels, cant invite an app into a private channel

2 answers

0 votes
Evangeline Sturges February 3, 2022

Have found a way - will share:

when someone is mentioned in a checklist on a card by anyone

post message "{username}  tagged you in {triggercardlink}\n\n{mentiontext}"

to Slack channel "#trello-notif-{mentionedusername}" in workspace "workspace" as Butler

just made everyone a private trello notification channel - you have to manually add butler to the private channel

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2022

@Evangeline Sturges 

Thanks. Am I correct, this would be a private channel by user?

yep

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2022

@Evangeline Sturges 

You probably need to use the http request to an endpoint to do it for you. 

This is the output of a simple endpoint to write to a private channel. As you can see, you can name the bot and have your own logo. This uses a Slack module that is currently available on the platform that supports the endpoint.

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 10.47.23 AM.jpg

Thanks so much! Are you able to step me through it a bit more / is there an example online

No worries have found a way without

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2022

@Evangeline Sturges 

That's good. Can you share how it you implement it? I can learn something from it. Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events