Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to find comments addressed to a specific person?

Dear Trello team!

Thank you for such a great product!

How can one filter and find comments addressed to a specific person?

Thanks,

Alibek

1 answer

Hello @Alibek Argimbayev 

The contents of the comments is just text, so you can search that text just like searching for any other thing. When searching, you can use the special operators in your search to narrow it down to just the comments.

For example, searching for comment:"Fred Flintstone" will return cards that have the text 'Fred Flintstone' in one of their comments.

Hi, David,

I don't need just text, I want to see all the comments (not cards) addressed to me, for example!

Or I want to see all the comments that were addressed to one of my team members.

In mobile version, i can see all the comments addressed to me, for example, by just pressing "me", but I cannot filter this way in a web service.

I would also like to see all the comments (or Tasks) to Tom, my team member. How can filter comments and select only those related to Tom?

Thx,

Alibek

Hello @Alibek Argimbayev 

Ok, now I understand what you mean. That thing called 'Me' / 'Comments' in the mobile app is displaying notifications. Those are notifications that someone, other than you, has mentioned you inside a comment by preceding your username with an ampersand (@) which triggers the notification.

Those notifications go only to the email address of the person mentioned in the comment, nobody else. When you get those notifications, all that the Trello app is telling you is that there was a comment mentioned you and the contents of that comment. When you log into the web interface, next to your username, you will see that same 'bell' that you can click on to see all the notifications you have.

Apart from that, sorry, but I don't know of a way to search for and isolate all the comments in all the cards based on when those comments contain mentions of specific people.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,304 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you