It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to enable remote backups

Hi,

Our team has need for backing up our Trello activity remotely. I see different notes on this but am unable to find a working method, is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Sep 15, 2019

@Justin Reina what do you mean by "remotely"?

A NAS at my office securely storing an offline copy

Iain Dooley Community Leader Sep 15, 2019

@Justin Reina well the options are either that you store a representation of the board (like some JSON export or a CSV export) which you can reconsitute somehow or analyse in the case of disaster, or you can just snapshot your boards by copying them which is easier to restore (but isn't remote).

This is a good primer on using Google Sheets for it:

http://www.littlebluemonkey.com/blog/online-scrum-tools-part-4-trello-backup

Interesting. I use Upsafe for our team's email and Backupery for our Slack workspace, can I do the same with our Trello content? Is this information automatically updated locally? This would work.

Iain Dooley Community Leader Sep 16, 2019

@Justin Reina well if you're backing up to Google Sheets, then just use Google's Backup and Sync:

https://www.google.com/drive/download/backup-and-sync/

I have my Drive backup & sync to an encrypted USB hard drive attached to my mac.

Like Justin Reina likes this

I am trying to integrate into my automated revision tooling, where revision snapshots are taken each night (email, slack, select files & select databases). We are looking to integrate our team Trello usage to this, is there a means to achieve this? e.g. access to this data from the command line, to note

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,597 views 14 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you