Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable auto-watching for cards I create?

Jonathan September 28, 2019

Hello,
in order to receive due date notifications, I need to manually watch the cards. Since I use Trello for personal use, I'd like to auto-watch every card I create, in order to prevent the need to manually watch each and every card. How can I enable auto-watching?

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2019

Hi @Jonathan this feature was default for a few months in the spring. Every time you would change a due date it would auto-watch the card, however there were a lot of users that were not happy with this change, so I believe it was changed back.

Here are your options for watching:

https://help.trello.com/article/799-watching-cards-lists-and-boards

You can watch cards, lists, or board.

You may be able to configure a butler command to auto-watch each card you create however I have not tried this.

1 vote
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2019

I also use a Butler rule (this isn't the one I use), but this will do the same thing for every card you create on the board/move onto the board/copy onto the board, it'll automatically join you regardless of any due dates (joining a card automatically subscribes you to it), it'll blanket add you to every card. Trello have a helpful site on what notifications you'll get when you add a member to a card. Hope this helps:

Screenshot 2019-09-30 at 18.33.02.png

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2019

@Jonathan This Butler rule will subscribe to every card on which you add a due date:

2019-09-29 at 11.30 am.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events