It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to enable auto-watching for cards I create? Edited

Hello,
in order to receive due date notifications, I need to manually watch the cards. Since I use Trello for personal use, I'd like to auto-watch every card I create, in order to prevent the need to manually watch each and every card. How can I enable auto-watching?

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Sep 28, 2019

Hi @Jonathan this feature was default for a few months in the spring. Every time you would change a due date it would auto-watch the card, however there were a lot of users that were not happy with this change, so I believe it was changed back.

Here are your options for watching:

https://help.trello.com/article/799-watching-cards-lists-and-boards

You can watch cards, lists, or board.

You may be able to configure a butler command to auto-watch each card you create however I have not tried this.

1 vote
Iain Dooley Community Leader Sep 28, 2019

@Jonathan This Butler rule will subscribe to every card on which you add a due date:

2019-09-29 at 11.30 am.png

0 votes
Esme Crutchley Community Leader Sep 30, 2019

I also use a Butler rule (this isn't the one I use), but this will do the same thing for every card you create on the board/move onto the board/copy onto the board, it'll automatically join you regardless of any due dates (joining a card automatically subscribes you to it), it'll blanket add you to every card. Trello have a helpful site on what notifications you'll get when you add a member to a card. Hope this helps:

Screenshot 2019-09-30 at 18.33.02.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,583 views 14 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you