Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable Board Buttons that are not enabled by default

Ty Hallsted June 21, 2022

I've got a specific set of tasks for each day of the week that I want to copy into my daily-todo with a board button. 

The tasks are cards in a Mon, Tue, Wed etc list.  I have a button for each list to copy those cards to my daily-todo list.

Ideally I would like the button for Mon to only be visible on Mon, for Tue, on Tue etc.  

I see that only enabled buttons are visible so I'm wondering if there is a way to only have the Mon button auto-enabled on Mon etc.  The Calendar rules don't support enabling buttons as far as I can tell but thought I'd ask if there is another way to accomplish this. 

Thx,

Ty

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jared
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2022

There's not a way to enable/disable buttons like that, but you could use a single command if the name of your lists are formatted a certain way using date formatting - your command would end up looking like:

move all the cards in list "{date~ddd}" to list "Todo"

This would make it so on Tuesday, that button would move all the cards in the list named `Tue` to the list named `Todo` (if you want full weekday names, use `dddd` instead of `ddd`)

Ty Hallsted June 23, 2022

Thanks Jared.  That looks like it will work.  I'll give it a try.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events