Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit card description in Markdown mode / Previous Mode only?

someonedie September 18, 2022

Hello everyone!

Description editing was updated on Trello recently (I noticed this change around this month of September this year) and this update has made editing the descriptions on Trello more challenging and even a bit more aggrivating.

One of the biggest reasons why it's so aggrivating to use this new editor now is because it updates almost immediately upon opening the card, which can actually delete your text. Here's a video showcasing that in a youtube video I made: 

It's also more challenging because using different formats on the editor is a lot more frustracting to use than just using simple syntax text symbols next to the words you wanted highlighted/changed. (-, /, >, #, *)

Does anyone know how to reverse this or keep it in markdown mode? This is a not very welcoming update to the trello for me and it's messing me up. 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
someonedie September 21, 2022

I just got a reply from the support, they acknowledge the bug of the deleted text and it has been reported, thank you @Brittany Joiner for making the suggestion to file a support ticket.

Also the support replied; you can disable the new editor temporarily by going to the trello lab ( https://trello.com/my/labs ) and disabling the WYSIWYG Editing to off.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

@someonedie awesome!! Glad to hear that!

1 vote
Rui Vilela September 18, 2022

Having related issue with this new update. I Hope Trello guys are reading this and come up with t afix soon. Changes actually meant less production to my team.

Not cool.

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2022

@someonedie this is another area where I am not jealous of the product team to have to make a decision here... I've worked with a lot of folks in Trello and have had so many people ask for a rich text editor because they don't want to learn markdown or can't remember the syntax. So, I know there's been huge demand for adding this WYSIWYG editor.

That does seem like a weird bug though that isn't showing your text. Have you open a support ticket with the trello team? https://trello.com/contact

someonedie September 19, 2022

No I'll do that right now, I didn't know there was a support ticket system, I am new.
I'll just send the video that I recorded through the support ticket and be descriptive with it.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2022

@someonedie sounds good!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events