How to disable text on labels

Beginner May 29, 2019

It looks like there is a new feature but I really don't like it and I can't find how to disable that on my boards.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2019

@BeginnerOk, I think I know now what you mean.

There are 2 things that you can do:

(1) Delete the label's name, then you will only see a yellow or a red bar => To do that, open the menu, open the label menu, click on the yellow label, delete text "Low Priority", Save.

(2) Toggle the label names from the board's view by pressing the semicolon ";" key. With this you can show or hide the label's name.

I suspect the 2nd option is the one that is working best for you.

-- Does that help?

Beginner May 29, 2019

Yes, that hotkey is what I looked for. Didn't know about such things. Thank you.

Like Katrin Anger likes this
Monica Rem February 25, 2022

I had the same issue of label names showing up on the labels on every single card, which was terrible.  

Katrin, thanks for trying to help-what was missing is where to place your mouse before pressing the semi-colon.  

Click anywhere on the board like in a plain area where there are no cards and then press the the semi-colon button and the text will no longer appear on the label on the card.

It did work for me! 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2019

@BeginnerCan you provide a screenshot for what you mean?

I just double-checked with my boards, and I can add and remove text on labels as I always did ... (?)

Beginner May 29, 2019

xPmzXmJ

Low Priority and High Priority is our labels names but always seeing that text is very uncomfortable.

0 votes
Patricia Sweeney October 25, 2020

@Katrin Anger  when I press the hot key ";" it not only removes the text now, it actually removed the labels from the cards.  And clicking on any label , now also removes all the labels again , but doesn't just hide the text but leave the colors

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events