Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete existing card, after adding new card with same name via email?

RW December 4, 2019

Hi there, 

I am using trello with its butler and fill my lists via emails. I am wondering how i can delete an existing card with butler, after I added a new card with the same name via email?

Background is that these mails are generated by my e-mail Software and that I want to display inside of several lists what E-Mail was sent (by sending copies to the board and by using same email subjects)

Thank you! 

1 answer

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

Hi,

Try this :

when a card is emailed into the board,
find a card titled "{cardname}",
and archive the card.

RW December 4, 2019

Thank you! Let me check that...

By the way is the butler builder within "Create a Rule" the only way to make that step by step? Or can I copy your text anywhere directly in?

THANK YOU

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

Easier to create a rule.

RW December 5, 2019

Do you mean creating the rule by clicking "+Add Trigger" , "Select an Action" and clicking all that buttons is the easiest way?

PS: Your rule helped me, thank you!

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2019

👍

Timon Chatzis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 18, 2023

Does this still work?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events