Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a template?

Erica Zinman August 18, 2019

I downloaded a Trello template from the Trello blog....copied it and made my own Template. I'd like to close/delete the Trello blog board but it's not an option when clicking the "3 dots" at the upper right of the board screen.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2019

Hi @Erica Zinman is there a "more" button when you click the "3 dots"? If so, click on more and you will see the option to "close board".

Let me know if this helps.

Jodi

Erica Zinman August 19, 2019

There isn’t. The more button doesn’t show the same options as my other boards. Thinking this is because it’s a template someone else made?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2019

Thanks Erica, just to ensure I understand are you trying to close the template you made or the original template board? Are you an actual member of that trello tempate, or is it just appearing in your frequent contacts, which looks like it is in your board listing.

If it is just in your frequent boards you can x it out in the listing and it will disappear.  Once I have a few more details we should be able to solve this.
Thanks,

Jodi

Erica Zinman August 19, 2019

THANK YOU! It was just in the frequent boards and I was able to X it out there. You're the best!

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2019

That is wonderful to hear, so happy that resolved it for you @Erica Zinman :)

Adam Hollander April 15, 2020

Hi @Jodi LeBlanc ,

Actually I have a similar question but not for someone else's board, but rather for my own.

I was testing the template feature and turned a board that shouldn't be a template into a template and now can't figure out how to turn it off (shown here)

I searched high and low online and in the user forum (and even filled out a support ticket but the page bugged out when I pressed submit) but couldn't find an answer so hoping you can help 🙏

Thanks!

Alex Wilding May 16, 2020

I posted a related issue but it's solved now and I can't delete this reply, so just going to type this instead!

SIOR NE
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 17, 2021

I am also trying to delete a Board template.  when I click the ...ShowMenu button - I get a fly out which says "About this template".  No place to delete.

I created this template in error testing out how templates work.  I have an existing board created with the same information in this template.  Now i just want to delete it.

SIOR NE
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 17, 2021

Did not see the Jun 01, 2020 comment until AFTER I posted my comment... never mind.

5 votes
Domain Administrator
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 1, 2020

Took me awhile to figure this out and surprised it isn't mentioned elsewhere.

1. Click the ... Show Menu button
  2. Click the to the left of About this template
  3. Click ... More
  4. Click Convert to board
  5. You can now close the board and delete it.
Shlomo Asaf
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 5, 2022

Thank you!

Malinai Vazquez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 21, 2022

THANK YOU1|!!

Lily_Deng
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 21, 2022

Thanks for helping!!!

Tony Lu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 21, 2024

Yes, that is the solution I am looking for. Thank you!

0 votes
Brandon Cook
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 31, 2021

Hi, I have created then board from the template. Closed and deleted the board. But the Template still won't delete

Lily_Deng
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 21, 2022
  1. Click the ... Show Menu button
  2. Click the to the left of About this template
  3. Click ... More
  4. Click Convert to board
  5. You can now close the board and delete it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events