Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create master calendar for all boards and all task deadlines

Dan Morse April 30, 2022

I have have multiple boards, with multiple cards, and for each card I use checklists with due dates. How do I create one calendar that shows all those checklist due dates?

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2022

@Dan Morse Advanced checklists in workspace calendars aren't supported yet, but I see it requested a lot in this forum. I'd suggest submitting a feature request to bump it up!

In the meantime, here are some alternatives alongside what milynnus suggested:

1. Planyway gives you a calendar and timeline view of cards and checklist items. You can add multiple boards to your calendar/timeline as well (this is a paid feature).

2. Automatically consolidate all cards into a master board using Unito and use the calendar view from that board. This is also a paid solution.

3. Sync all boards into GCal or Outlook calendar. This is a free option, but the sync time isn't live (see details in this guide: https://help.trello.com/article/811-viewing-cards-in-a-calendar-view)

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2022

@Dan Morse 

Since due dates can be added, changed, removed or item marked completed anytime, the only way to track them would be via webhook at the board level. To have a common calendar the changes from all the boards would have to be centralised. If the boards are in different workspace it would be an even bigger challenge.

Is there a COTS solution ? I am not aware but someone here might know. Try Blue Cat, they are big into reports so they might have something for item due dates across boards. 

My item alert system/project uses webhooks and a cron to send alerts to the card as comments with @username or @card depending on item assignment. 

In a sense the data is there to build a ‘calendar’ for the all items across any board. Technically, there is no reason to display a timeline of the records on thing like Steamlit. 

Then project is built on Deta with python. The documentation is available https://github.com/xu2xulim/Trello-Item-Alert

Given the every small amount of data here's screenshot of Streamlit Timeline component with the test data that I have (looks like there is potential for an app for Trello boards) :

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 1.05.29 AM.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events