Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create audit reporting

Jimmy Kusters September 9, 2021

Hi all,

We have repetitive tasks from a security and privacy standpoint (check unauthorised logins, make sure accounts are deleted of an employee that left, make sure people can only access what they're allowed to, etc) for which we use the Card Repeater power-up. That works great!

I'm looking however for a way to report on this, saying

In the past quarter we had tasks b, c and d which were performed e, f and g times. In this period x number of task b has had the tag "finding", and for those times the comments were "foo" and "bar".

This may be a PDF or a spreadsheet, where the comments might be on a separate page/tab in the document, or just the cell being red so it easily stands out.

Would anyone be able to help me out in my search?

Kind regards,

Jimmy

1 answer

2 votes
Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 9, 2021

Hi Jimmy,

Dashcards (look for it in the power-up directory) may cover some of the numbers you want but I am not sure that their querying would give you everything you need. However, it is worth taking a quick look as that is built into Trello for free.

If not that, you could look at 3rd party reporting options like Blue Cat Reports which would definitely allow some of this. Blue Cat can certainly show the number of tasks performed over some time period. Assuming you set a label or custom field on those repeating tasks to show it is task a/b/c/etc to it can group based on that you can see charts showing that breakdown (but no breakdown just on Card title at the moment). 

Showing tags/labels or custom fields from those, or further querying on them (ie to show the number of 'task a' completed with tag "finding") would also be possible. The help docs below or trying the free trial should give you and idea of what is possible.

For getting comments (assuming you mean the comments area in Trello and not a comments custom field) out you are probably out of luck with any of the current reporting options for Trello. Something like Orah Apps Export power-up could be of help but in that case you are just getting lists of cards into Excel and having to do the work of charting there yourself, plus I am not sure if they support comment exporting at the moment anyway (I should look sometime, but just about to leave the office)

Blue Cat help articles

- Completed cards count: https://www.bluecatreports.com/help/articles/completed-this-week-month-ytd/

- Completed by type (type could be tasks type a/b/c in this case) https://www.bluecatreports.com/help/articles/create-a-chart-Completed-Cards-by-Type/

FYI, I am behind the company the built Blue Cat, but have tried to be honest above about where other pups may actually be the best solution. If you ever wanted to chat about reporting for Trello or to see if Blue Cat could work for you, feel free to grab a time from my calendar here :) https://calendly.com/robinwarren/30min

Hope that helps, 

Robin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events