Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a trigger that moves a card to another list on the day of the starting date?

Enrico Scaravonatti February 7, 2023

I tried a lot of ways to make it work, but none of them works 100%. The closest I got is that the card moves when I create it with a start date starting today, but didn't work with cards that are already created.

1 answer

0 votes
Jared
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2023

Hey @Enrico Scaravonatti ,

Unfortunately Trello automation doesn't currently support commands that are triggered directly by the start date in the same way that due dates can (eg "on the day a card is due, move the card..."). But you could set up a calendar command that runs daily to move any cards with a start date matching the current day to a list - your command would look something like this: "every day, move each card starting today to list 'next list'". This will only run once a day though, so if you're expecting to add/edit cards with the start date set to today and want them to move automatically, you'll also need a rule similar to what you've described in your question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events