How to create a schedule command to automatically archive a list after 10 days

Deleted user September 22, 2021

Hi,

I'm currently using a task management board by creating tasks (cards) in a list that I call "backlog" or "to do today" once completing the card, I drag the card into the "done today" list.

Next, I created a schedule command to then, at 1:00 am every morning, rename the "done today" list to the previous day's date (i.e. Wednesday, September 22nd 2021) and create a new list called..... "done today" for me to repeat the process. This command is below.image.png

So, it's been ten days, and my board now looks something like the below. I want to archive the list that is now ten days old.

image.png

The way I'm trying to do it is to create another schedule command to archive the list that at 1:30 am is ten days old; however I keep receiving this notification. See below:

image.png

My current schedule command looks like this, and I'm pretty sure it's because the automatic name of the card I've tried to use is incorrect. See below

{date-10d~dddd, MMMM Do YYYY}

image.png

Please can someone help me with what code to use to automatically archive a list once it's ten days older than the current date? 

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2021

@[deleted] It's possible, you just need to re-jig things a bit. Here's a video explaining:

Deleted user September 23, 2021

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for the in-depth video! very easy to follow and using your solution the board works well.

Now, if I try and re-format the date and run this command it works and generates a new card however the card isn't 1 working day prior to the current date. It generates a card that is 10 working days (or 11 maybe) before the current date. When I remove the date formatting and use {date-1wd}, it works perfectly.

Friday, Sep 24th 21 = dddd, MMM Mo YY

Can you help me correct the formula to get the same formatting but the previous working day?image.pngimage.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2021

@[deleted] great - glad that helped! Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but does the following rule not work?

Every weekday at 1:00 am
Rename list
Done Today
to
{date-1wd}
create new list named
Done today
in position 5

Is there a reason why you want to have the specific formatting set to ddd, MMM Mo, YY?

Deleted user September 27, 2021

Morning Hannah, If I use the default formatting that comes up with (date-1wd) everything works perfectly.

The reason why i want to use (ddd, MMM Mo, YY) is it's easier for me to read and it includes the day of the week.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2021

Got it - yes, it's strange that it generates that random date. Not sure if it's an error in the formula or a bug 🤔 from what I can see, and what's in the documentation, it all looks fine. I would suggest reaching out to Trello support at this point and see what could be causing that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events