Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a reminder (butler, Zap or any) for a due date in a checklist task

tamara September 15, 2020

Hello everybody

I would like to set a reminder for due dates set within the checklist (similar to the way we can set reminders for a card due date (in the card on via butler). Any ideas?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2020

@tamara this isn't available yet, either as a native notification nor as a Butler command. I would expect more developments in this area though, since checklists with due dates are a relatively new feature.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2020

@Iain Dooley  Sounds like a good hack to work on with my new found favourite of using {$report_variable}

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2020

@Iain Dooley this is my hack. Use calendar command to trigger daily to find list of cards with incomplete checklist. Feed this to an endpoint using Http Request. For each checklist item with due - now <= 1 write comment to card.

Question : is this sufficient to activate a notification of some kind?

Scratch code below using Card due date to test instead of item['due'] since I do not have advanced checklist.

para = {
"report_variable": "5f263e1...d1612d396\n5f56131..b1cd6930b\n5f5611df4.....33e95c05\n"
}
sp_variables = ""

item_list = para['report_variable'].split("\n")
item_list.pop() #remove last element

format = "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.000Z"
time_now = datetime.utcnow()

for item_id in item_list :
trello_card = client.get_card(item_id)
for cl in trello_card.checklists:

for item in cl.items :
if item['due'] == None and item['state'] == 'incomplete': #this and few lines will be changed for deployment with advanced checklist
#pass
#else:
item['due'] = trello_card.due

datetime_obj = datetime.strptime(item['due'],format)
difference = datetime_obj - time_now
if difference.days <= 1:
if item['idMember'] != None:
assigned = client.get_member(item['idMember'])
trello_card.comment('''@{} Checklist item {} due on this card'''.format(assigned.username, item['name']))
else:
trello_card.comment('''Checklist item {} due on this card'''.format(item['name']))

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events