Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to create a new duplicate card in each list with one click?

Hello, thank you for taking the time to help me with this query.

Here's a situation,

I am looking to create a onboarding trello workplace.

Within this workplace, each list is a step that needs to be completed in order to bring someone  onboard. They are in a general chronological order, from left to right, however due to external constraints items are usually not done in a specific order.

Each list contains the name of the new employee to be hired.

I am looking to speed up the process of putting a new card to each list with the employees name in it.

Thus far I have been unable to create a button or use a board sync that would allow me to create the same card with the same name in all the lists.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate!

Thank youScreenshot_20211203-172854.jpg

1 answer

Hi @Gawain Bonell ! Not sure if I fully understand the workflow, but you can use Butler board buttons to copy a full list of cards. It looks like your screenshot is from the mobile app, so board buttons work there as well. 
copy cards.gif

A couple of issues though with this workflow:
1. The cards aren't synced (not sure if you need that?)
2. When I click that button for a 2nd time, you're going to see duplicates of cards "A", "B", and "C". You might want to explore altering the command in some way so there's a way to filter out cards that have already been copied. 

Hope that helps! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristjan Geir Mathiesen - Origo for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend...

377 views 15 17
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you