Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new duplicate card in each list with one click?

Gawain Bonell December 3, 2021

Hello, thank you for taking the time to help me with this query.

Here's a situation,

I am looking to create a onboarding trello workplace.

Within this workplace, each list is a step that needs to be completed in order to bring someone  onboard. They are in a general chronological order, from left to right, however due to external constraints items are usually not done in a specific order.

Each list contains the name of the new employee to be hired.

I am looking to speed up the process of putting a new card to each list with the employees name in it.

Thus far I have been unable to create a button or use a board sync that would allow me to create the same card with the same name in all the lists.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate!

Thank youScreenshot_20211203-172854.jpg

1 answer

2 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2021

Hi @Gawain Bonell ! Not sure if I fully understand the workflow, but you can use Butler board buttons to copy a full list of cards. It looks like your screenshot is from the mobile app, so board buttons work there as well. 
copy cards.gif

A couple of issues though with this workflow:
1. The cards aren't synced (not sure if you need that?)
2. When I click that button for a 2nd time, you're going to see duplicates of cards "A", "B", and "C". You might want to explore altering the command in some way so there's a way to filter out cards that have already been copied. 

Hope that helps! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events