Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy image's link from trello card?

Emma Ng May 24, 2023

I used to be able to click on COMMENT on the image's option, and the image link will be available. Whichever trello card I paste onto, the image link (with Edited Name) will appear instead of the link.

Eg :

1. New image uploaded -> Select Edit to change image's name -> Change image name to "FLOWER 38" -> Image is now named as "FLOWER 38"
  2. Click on "FLOWER 38" COMMENT to get it's link at the ACTIVITY section -> message in the activity section is showing
  3. Before save "Please review //trello.com/1/cards/6459e048012d68eda6c69e4a.jpg"
  4. After saved "Please review FLOWER 38"

In other scenario, i'm still able to use the link in other boards without having to save multiple image in various card just by using /"/trello.com/1/cards/6459e048012d68eda6c69e4a.jpg", which will eventually appear as "FLOWER 38" in any ACTIVITY's message.

The latest Trello doesn't have the function to copy the image link and still be able to show the image's edited name, instead I'd have to right click to COPY IMAGE ADDRESS, which does not appear as the edited image name whenever I leave the name's address in ACTIVITY's message.

Does anyone knows how do I get the image's link that will be pasted as the image's edited name?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carolina Lopez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2023

Hi Emma!

The behavior changed because Trello has a new editor. Previously the link was shown as a link formatted using markdown, so the link before saving the comment would look like this using your example: [FLOWER 38](https//trello.com/1/cards/6459e048012d68eda6c69e4a.jpg).

You don't see the markdown with the new editor, but you see the hyperlink instead. You can still copy and paste it, the result is the same:

Attachment as a comment.gif

Emma Ng May 31, 2023

Thank you for replying. I am aware of that, but how do I maintain the same format (hyperlinked name) when keying in the checklist?

Carolina Lopez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2023

Thanks for sharing more details, I understand how it's impacting you now.

Unfortunately, we don't have a quick solution for this. I can see that other users also reported this issue, so we already have an internal ticket about adding attachment links to checklist items. I'm adding your comments to the ticket, so our team will know that this impacts more people. Let me know if there's any additional info you'd like me to send them.

We have two workarounds that you can use.
The first one is to disable the new editor temporarily here: https://trello.com/my/labs. This will bring back the old editor, but in the future this option will be disabled and you'll need to use the new editor.

The second option is to use the description field to copy the markdown and then paste it into the checklist item. Here's a quick video showing how to do it:
2023-05-31_17-34-22 (1).gif

Emma Ng May 31, 2023

Thank you so much for info!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events