Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate days from card creation to completed

Jake Scott-Hodes December 1, 2022

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to identify the number of days between card creation and the due date complete. I'd like to put this in an email report which I already have automated.

I've gotten as far as setting a custom field to set the date to "now" when a card is completed, but I can't seem to make any math of it and the creation date.

Am I missing something here? Do I need to convert the dates to numbers? and if so, could someone please help me with that part as well :)

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022
Jake Scott-Hodes December 2, 2022

Thanks @milynnus , however, I still have the issue of capturing that number without it updating.

For example, a card was created on 1/1/2022 and the due date was checked (and therefore completed) on 2/1/2022. How can I measure the time between those 2 dates expressed in days?

I've tried subtracting the creation date from a custom field that marks the date to "now" when the due date is checked off:

{{%Project Complete Date}} - {{cardcreationdate}}

But that doesn't work.

Alternatively, I've tried setting that custom field to {cardagedays}, but I'm concerned about that value increasing over time.

How can I capture that number and stop it from counting once the card is completed?

Thanks again.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2022

@Jake Scott-Hodes 

This will work when you save the days to a custom field when card is marked completed. While the age will continue to increase, the value you save it the CF will remain unchanged.

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 6.57.05 AM.jpg

Jake Scott-Hodes December 5, 2022

Right on. Thank for confirming this!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events