Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically update due date for a completed checklist

KeithSST October 18, 2021

I want to use trello for checklists that are repeated at different intervals. 

What I would like to happen is that once this weeks duties are completed I want the due date for them to be moved back one week, the checklist to be refreshed, and to receive an email notification. 

I've tried the following automation script as well as some variations on it and I can get the refresh and email notification to work but it will not update the due date.

"when checklist "weekly tasks" is completed in a card by anyone, reset all the checklists on the card, send an email notification to "***@***.com" with subject "I've finished my weekly checklist" and message "Message", and move the due date to the next Saturday"
I've also tried to move the order of the actions without success.

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2021

Hi there,

The thing that isn't possible to do with your rule is moving the due date across all of those checklist items. Therefore, I'd recommend trying to split this rule into two rules:

1. The first rule can be triggered by completing the checklist as you have it now. Then the actions can be to send a notification, and to uncheck all items in the checklist.

2. The second rule can then have a trigger that is when a checklist item is unchecked. The action based on this can be to set the due date on the checklist item to 7 days.

I tested this on my board and it seemed to work, but it took Butler some time to process all of those actions. If you have a lot of checklist items it could be that Butler throws an error so we may need to think of a different solution there, or split up the checklist.

Thanks,

Ryan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events