How to automatically sync new tasks with dates and my google calendar ?

Jerome Elie April 18, 2023

I'm using Power-up Calendrier since few days and I shared the calendar of a Trello dashboard in my Google Calendar through a link.
I see the tasks with dates in my Google Calendar but only the tasks created before the add of the Trello Calendar in my Google Calendar.
If I delete the Trello Calendar in my Google Calendar, i can add it again through the sharing link. After that, the new tasks created are visible in my Google Calendar.
How can I automatically sync new tasks with dates and my google calendar (without deleting the link and adding it again) ?

For information, I'm using Trello with a free account.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

Hiya Jerome, I think if I understand correctly the Trello calendar iCal link is just an additional calendar that gets opened in Google Calendar but isn't linked to your actually Google calendar.

My recommendation is to use Cronofy 

This will actually sync your calendar with Trello and is free for 1 board

I hope this helps

Jerome Elie April 18, 2023

Hi Dreamsuite Mike,
Yes, you have correctly understood my problem and my ask.
Cronofy seems to works fine.
I would have preferred to use only extensions developed by Atlassian/Trello, so if there are other solutions, I remain interested.
Thank you for your help,

Like Germán Larraín Muñoz likes this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

Unfortunately, Trello have invested less and less in extensions so based on that you shouldn't be shy with using the right power-ups.  For all my clients, my list of powerups that I can recommend to genuinely enhance the Trello experience is probably in the region of 10-15 only...Of which Cronofy is one of them. 

If you do want any further advice, feel free to ask

Germán Larraín Muñoz May 2, 2023

Yes, I would also have preferred to use only official plugins. The feature in question seems rather basic for it not to be included in Jira itself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events