Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically notify a team member by email when he/she is tagged

sanne August 17, 2022

I noticed that some team members don't receive a notification by email when I have tagged them. How can I create this rule in Trello?

Thanks a lot!

Sanne

2 answers

0 votes
Violetta Chernobuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Hi @sanne 

It's Violetta from Planyway.

Brittany shared a tip on how to get notified by emails. If you'd like teammates to receive browser, mobile or in-app notifications, you may try Planyway power-up.

Planyway Notification Center New Notification

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

@sanne welcome to the community! i'm not sure about their email address because i don't think that's a field you can access (unless you create a custom field with that info), but you can create a comment that tags them, which should also trigger a notification and email! 

You can do this by creating a rule with the action "when a member is added to a card", and the action will be post "comment" saying "@{addedusername} you've been tagged in this card!

Something like this: 

image.png

sanne August 21, 2022

Thanks a lot Brittany, this is very helpful.

Warm regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events