Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automate moving a card to a list with a similar but not identical name

Abby R August 11, 2022

Our lists and card names all share a similar format. They start with "Order number, Customer name, Project name" then they divert to the name of each card based on the production department.

Is there a way to format automation so I can click a button to move a card back to it's correct list? I know the {cardname} feature is supposed to help with this, but my impression has been that it only works if the whole name is identical.

Is there a way that I can reference just the order number part at the beginning of the card/list name when writing automation?

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2022

Hey @Abby R ! Take a look into wildcards. If your card title contains "Order number: 1234", you can reference the order number by saying "Order number: {* }". For example, 

"When a card title contains "Order number: {* }", move the card to list {wildcard1}". 

Abby R August 15, 2022

This seems to be on the right track! The only issue is it's creating a new list with that order number, instead of moving it to the existing list with the order number in the title. Any advice? Either way, I will be doing much more digging into how wildcards work. Thank you, Hannah!

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2022

@Abby R how is the list title structured? You can customise the list name depending on where the order number is in the title of the list. For example:

"...move the card to list " XYZ Order: {wildcard1}". 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events