Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to auto-hide completed items in checklist

Chelsea May 24, 2023

This has been asked before but not answered, so I wanted to bring it up again to the Atlassian support folks. Can you add a setting to default hiding checklist items after they have been completed? I use recurring cards with checklists daily and that small extra step to hide checked items is deeply annoying after clicking it hundreds of times. This should be a global board setting that can be toggled on and off, and retaining the "show completed items" button within each card. 

Thanks! 

2 answers

0 votes
Noa Office February 8, 2024

I just posted this link on the older question thread:

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/hide-activity-details-+-t/hcgmjpjodnakphfpegldpbcajlmpfipa?hl=en-GB&pli=1 

It is a chrome extension and I would prefer a native power-up, so I am continuing my search. This may work for someone else, though

0 votes
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2023

Hey @Chelsea, sadly, Trello doesn't have a built-in way to auto-hide completed items in a checklist. I think it's because the Hide checked items option relies on your browser's cache and isn't saved on our servers, so automating it with Automation probably won't work. Some of this information was mentioned a few years back in this post here

Still, I believe it would be a good idea to have the option to create an automation command that hides all checked items of a specific checklist, making things easier for you and other users. That said, I'll bring your feedback to our product team, and hopefully, they can bring it in the future <3

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events