It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to attach an iCloud link to a file in the Attach a link section?

On a card, there is the option for attachments. Clicking on attachments one of the options is to Attach a link.

I would like to attach a link to a file in iCloud rather than attach a file. The reason is if I make changes to a file in iCloud or any other linked file then the changes will be reflected when it is opened.

In the attach file option it appears to attach a copy of the original file and changes that are made are only reflected in the copy.

2 answers

0 votes
Zak Laughton Atlassian Team Feb 19, 2019

Hi Kim,

This question was submitted under Confluence, but it sounds a lot like Trello functionality. Is this question meant for Trello? If so, let us know and we can have someone move it to the proper categorization to get the best visibility.

If this question is related to Confluence, I'm not familiar with the card functionality you're referring to. Some more details and screenshots of how you are trying to attach files to a card in Confluence will be helpful.

Thanks!
Zak

Hi Zak,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. The question may have been entered under confluence but was really aim at Trello. 

Regards 

Kim

Like Zak Laughton likes this
Zak Laughton Atlassian Team Feb 20, 2019

Got it! We've moved the question to the Trello section for the highest visibility from other Trello users and admins.

0 votes
Zak Laughton Atlassian Team Feb 20, 2019

Hi Kim,

I did some testing with this and was able to attach a link of a file in iCloud. This link always linked to the file in iCloud, even after it was updated.

Here are the steps I took:

1. Create a shareable link based on steps from this article: How to Share Files Stored in Your iCloud Drive.
  2. On a Trello card, click Attachment.
  3. Paste the file url into the Attach a link field.
  4. Click Attach.

Do these steps work for you?

– Zak

Hi Zak,

Yes, it works well, I expect it will work for most other files on the hard disk. It is a bit convoluted but it does achieve the desired outcome which is to place a link to a file in Trello rather than a copy of the file.

Thanks once again

Kim

Like Zak Laughton likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,506 views 12 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you