How to assign dates & members to cheklist items that are automatically copied from a template card

iliaskzz October 10, 2021

Hi, I'm having difficulty with implementing the following scenario using Butler.  Here are the steps : 

1. I have a template card with checklist filled with items (in board A)
  2. When I create a card in board B, I want the checklist items of the template card to be automatically populated 
  3. When step 2 is done, I want some speicfic items of that checklist to be assigned a due date and to a team members

Here are the 2 rules that I have set up 

Butler.PNG

However, the second rule does not trigger for a reason I ignore. It seems to me that Butler does not consider the items populated from checklist in the template card a "an added item" and thus does not set the due date

I tried an alternative which is creating every checklist item on Butler then setting the due date date & member, it works fine, however the approach is not scalable since there are so many items 

Is there any way to solve that problem ?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2021

@iliaskzz 

This is the current limitation. It can be done using http request to an endpoint when you are iterating through the items to create cards. 

iliaskzz October 10, 2021

@milynnus when you say endpoint, it means that I will need some code using trello API ?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2021

@iliaskzz 

Yes, that is correct.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events