Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to assign dates & members to cheklist items that are automatically copied from a template card

Hi, I'm having difficulty with implementing the following scenario using Butler.  Here are the steps : 

1. I have a template card with checklist filled with items (in board A)
  2. When I create a card in board B, I want the checklist items of the template card to be automatically populated 
  3. When step 2 is done, I want some speicfic items of that checklist to be assigned a due date and to a team members

Here are the 2 rules that I have set up 

Butler.PNG

However, the second rule does not trigger for a reason I ignore. It seems to me that Butler does not consider the items populated from checklist in the template card a "an added item" and thus does not set the due date

I tried an alternative which is creating every checklist item on Butler then setting the due date date & member, it works fine, however the approach is not scalable since there are so many items 

Is there any way to solve that problem ?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

@iliaskzz 

This is the current limitation. It can be done using http request to an endpoint when you are iterating through the items to create cards. 

@milynnus when you say endpoint, it means that I will need some code using trello API ?

@iliaskzz 

Yes, that is correct.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,408 views 28 42
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you