Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add due dates for card's each checklist using butler?

Navin Kumar February 21, 2023

I am trying to add the due dates for each checklist in a card automatically based on the card start/end dates but could not find a way to do that.

2 answers

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2023

@Navin Kumar 

@Dreamsuite Mike ‘s idea is quite interesting

I have just converted an older implementation to adjust checklist item due dates ..en masse and made it into an app https://deta.space/discovery/@milynnus/taco_bump

it addresses cases. 

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2023

I'm not sure if this will work for you, its a very simple example:

1. Create a custom date field
  2. Automation: "When card due date is set, set the Date custom field to {cardduedate}"
  3. Automation: "When an item containing 📅{* } is added to checklist Tasks, set the item due on date in custom field "Date" minus {wildcard1} days

Screenshot 2023-02-21 224036.png

Taskdates.gif

This could be enhanced to pull in pre-configured checklists

Personally I would probably go down the route of converting the checklist items into linked cards, which opens up a lot more flexibility

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events