Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add data to a card and use it to create charts.

Maz Blake January 26, 2022

Hi All, new to this group - well registered ages ago, but this is the first time I would like help.

I want to set up a Trello board for a hobby (I have an aquarium) to record daily data - water temperature, pH, etc.

I then want to convert this data on an ongoing daily basis into a chart so I view how the data changes over time.

Any suggestions how I can do this?  I am happy to combine power-ups and automations to make it work.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

Hi @Maz Blake ! I'd suggest using custom fields to track the necessary data, and then using a 3rd party reporting tool to create reports based on that data. There is a native Dashboards feature in Trello, but it's reasonably new and just does basic reporting so you'll most likely need a paid solution. A couple of ideas for 3rd party tools:

1. Use one of the reporting power-ups listed here (Blue Cat Reports is a good one)
2. Sync your cards + custom field data into GSheets using a tool like Unito and then use that data to create reports.

Hope that helps!

Maz Blake February 8, 2022

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events