Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Overcome Excessive Notifications

Jason Gibson June 8, 2022

I am trying to avoid excessive notifications from Trello and Butler. As the admin, I am able to set "Change Notification email frequency" to "Never". Then I created the following automation rule:
2022-06-08_16h06_44.png

This works when I run the rule. When I have another non-admin user change the notification frequency and create the rule on their account, it does not work. I though maybe it was because of the notification rule, but in my test case...I change the rule on my account to send the email message to them and they receive the email.

Any suggestions on why other users cannot make this rule work for them like it does for me?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

Hi @Jason Gibson ! Welcome to the community :) are you able to share the rule your other member created? What part isn't working? Are they not receiving any emails at all? Have you checked out the command logs to see if any email was sent or if there are any errors?

Jason Gibson June 9, 2022

Resolved - had a email policy excluding "@trellobutler.com". White listed the domain and problem solved.

This is a good workaround to receiving excessive notifications. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events