Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I get my cards to move column and add a label when a trigger date is reached

Peter Cranston April 30, 2023

Hi, I have been usng the following rule in attempt to take automatic action when a set date satisfies the following criteria. It seems to have stopped working automatically however if I manually enter a date that satisfies the critera it works. Not sure if Trello triggers on custom fields when a preset date criteria is reached?

This is a custom date field. I think that it may work using the main card due date?

As always any expert guidance welcomed.

Rule:

when custom field "Est Rental End" is set to a date between 8 and 14 days from now, move the card to the top of list "Rental Ending Within 14 Days - Requestor Action", and add the red "Check Rental End Date" label to the card

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Cranston May 1, 2023

Guilherme Michelotto commented:

Hi Peter,

Guilherme here from the Trello Support Team and I'm happy to help. smile.png

Hmm, you are 100% correct! Unfortunately, Custom Fields do not have the same property as Due Dates when it comes to the flow of time, since it states: when the custom field "Est Rental End" is set to a date between 8 and 14 days from now

The key word here is set, meaning that you would have to manually assign a date that meets the criteria you mentioned - as you experienced yourself, then it works perfectly.

I'd recommend using Due Dates if you wish to achieve a rule that perceives the passage of time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events