Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much time does it need for a board to be closed permanently?

syd_association February 3, 2023

How much time does it need for a board to be closed permanently? or does it work like archiving a list? I don't want to delete the board but I need to have access to it at any time even after closing it even for a very long period.

Ps: closed boards will exceed 100 in the long term

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

Hi @syd_association - welcome to the community! 

Closing Trello boards is similar to archiving cards. The board won't show up in your workspace, so you'll lose the clutter, but it won't be gone forever if you change your mind. Here's an article on how to reopen a closed board: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/reopening-a-closed-board/ 

syd_association February 3, 2023

That was useful, thank you.

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

@syd_association Welcome to the Atlassian community

You can close boards by following the steps listed here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/closing-a-board/  It also has instructions on how to search and reopen closed boards.  

Carlos Galassi March 10, 2023

If I close a board it will always be available? Is there a time limit for it to be closed? 

Example, if I close a board today and have to search an information on this board 2 years from today, will it be possible?

Or the board will be deleted after some time?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2023

If you close it and do not delete it then you will be able to recover it.  I do not know of any deletion that occurs unless you initiate it.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events