Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How managed all my Trello managed accounts after Atlassian Migration

d.kirsching May 20, 2020

Hello Community,

we tried to find best way to regain access to all trello boards and accounts after Migration 1st June 2020.

Trello will be appears in Product subscription on our Atlassian Domain ?

Need to use business or Enterprise Plan directly from Trello ? 

I've read all documentation but seems to me not be clear.

If you have any infos...

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2020

Hi there,

The free subscription of Trello will not give Atlassian Org Admins control over teams and boards. That is only possible with a Business Class subscription for small scale teams, and with Trello Enterprise for the entire organization.

As an Org Admin, you can restrict access to Trello by deactivating the Atlassian Account. That will prevent login to Trello altogether. More granular control is available with the paid subscriptions I mentioned above.

0 votes
Jeanne Howe June 2, 2020

@d.kirsching 

You have no control over the accounts. If you are in Atlassian Cloud using Atlassian Access, you will be billed for any user that creates a Trello account. This includes users that download Trello and log in, just to see what it is. Even if they delete the app after logging in for the first time, you are still billed for the account and will continue to be billed for the account until you take the time to log into your managed accounts, walk through every user account,  delete/disable accounts for Trello, and then, plan to do that every month.

d.kirsching June 3, 2020

@Jeanne Howe 

confirm except if we paid Trello Enterprise plan ? 

Regards

Vini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2020

Hi @d.kirsching and @Jeanne Howe

The control of user access in the Atlassian Organization and the control over Trello content (teams and boards) are two different things.

The paid Trello options will give you the granular control inside Trello. They will not impact the way Atlassian Access works.

Atlassian Access will allow you to enforce security measures to your Org, such as user provisioning and enforced SSO login. You can prevent users from creating new Trello Accounts by preventing them from logging into their Atlassian Account altogether.

If they must log in because of a different Atlassian product, then an Access license is already consumed because of the other product, and Trello will have no impact on Access billing.

Jay McCarogher June 14, 2021

Hi @Vini

I don't think that's true at all, 50% of our business users make use of SSO as to access our help desks as customer accounts, these are still managed accounts that use a service but don't count towards an Access licence, as no product licences are in use with them.

However, each time someone wants to take a look at Trello to see what it is, we are then being billed by Access for their Free Trello accounts.

I don't want to deactivate my users Atlasssian accounts and I don't want to be billed for something we don't use either. The fact that the only control I have over this is deactivating all of my Senior Management is quite concerning...

Vini
Atlassian Team
June 14, 2021

Hi @Jay, I definitely see your point, and there's a feature request for Atlassian Access to address that: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ACCESS-814

In the meantime, you could move those users to a non-billable Policy in Atlassian Access, but that would mean giving up SSO and other Access features for those users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events