Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is a 'user' counted? & when does someone added to a board trigger a billing increase?

Sandra Marshall September 17, 2021

I’ve not been able to work out…Im on the basic ‘paid’ plan paying for 2 users. Does every person invited to contribute to a board is counted as ‘USER’? So if I send a board to others what specifically will activate their status as a 'user' and impact my billing? Any illumination is gratefully received. Thank you, Sandra

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2021

Hi Sandra,

As you've raised this in Community, I can only give general information, but if you need further clarification after my response, feel free to raise a ticket at Trello Support. This is so we can look at your account and give you information specific to your case. 

When you upgrade to Standard or Premium, this upgrade is applied to a workspace of your choice all users that are considered billable within your workspace will go towards your monthly or annual bill.

Billable users in Standard and Premium are the following:
* Users that have been added directly to the upgraded workspace
* Multi-board guests: users that have been added to two or more boards in the upgraded workspace

Single-board guests - users that have been added to one board in the workspace - are not considered billable users. You can read more about how billing works with Standard and Premium at https://help.trello.com/article/855-how-billing-works-with-trello-business-class

By 'sending' a board to a user, I'm assuming you're adding a user as a guest on one of your boards in your upgraded workspace. If you add them to one board in your workspace, they are considered a single-board guest, and will not incur a charge. If you then add them to an additional board in your upgraded workspace, they will become a multi-board guest, which will incur a charge.

On top of this, you can add as many users/guests to your free workspaces without incurring charges. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events