My manager heard about a feature in Trello and I have been asked to ask about it. We were wondering if Trello works this way:
1) an employee needs help and sends an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org
2) a card is created in our Trello account with that employee's details
3) we respond to the request and update the card
Thank you very much!
@Alex Lee Trello doesn't integrate with Email by default, but here are some ways that it can integrate with Email:
1) You can forward cards to Trello by getting the "email to board" address:
In my experience this can be quite troublesome
2) You can install the Gmail or Outlook plugins to create cards from emails but the integration ends there, you can't reply from within Trello
3) You can use a separate ticketing system such as HelpScout and FreshDesk or ZenDesk etc. and then use the power up to view some information about conversations in Trello (functionality is limited, though, you still have to go back to those systems to reply)
4) You can use Benko Board which is an integration I created for using Trello as a Gmail client:
This also has a BenkoDesk upgrade that allows you to do shared email from Trello so you could all use email@example.com without having to login to the same Gmail account. This actually allows you to reply from Trello and is a complete replacement for something like HelpScout or ZenDesk, and works from any device
5) I recently saw the founder of SendBoard on here who released this:
This runs as a power up, so it gets applied at the board level on a per board basis, and works similarly to HelpScout/ZenDesk etc. but since it's a power up it will not be available on mobile devices/tablets etc. it will only work in the desktop or web apps.
Let me know if you'd like a demo of Benko Board/BenkoDesk :)
If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event