Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Business Class pricing work?

Jonathan Schmidt April 27, 2017

When I upgrade a team to Business Class, how does that affect the user's available features on other teams? I want to create a team for me and my staff, but I could also see the entire firm setting up a team as well. Does that mean we have to pay twice for Business Class for each of the two teams even though the members overlap?

1 answer

0 votes
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2017

This may clarify:

http://help.trello.com/article/831-trello-business-class-vs-trello-gold

Gold is for single users.

Buisness Class is for the whole team.

Enterprise is per user for whole teams. (1500 teams but only 200 users. You would only pay for 200 users).

Jonathan Schmidt April 27, 2017

Thank you, @Stephen Sifers.

It somewhat makes sense. Here’s the dilemma I have.

I work at a law firm. Based on my understanding of Trello and how I’m thinking it should be used, each attorney should have his or her own Team. For my team, I would have a separate board for each of my clients. I have no need to see the other attorneys’ client information and they should have no reason to see mine. If we included all clients in one big firm list, it would be too unwieldy with so many boards. So, in a way, I'm thinking an attorney's team would equate perhaps to department-level teams (Sales, Marketing, IT, etc.) in a bigger business.

I feel that for my team, I need the flexibility of having some of the business class features including, at a minimum: Unlimited power-ups, Collections, and Admin Controls (so I can see my staff’s information).

The problem is that there will also be firm-level information that should be shared across all attorneys. There, unlimited power-ups, collections, priority support, and admin controls would be important.

If I’m reading all of the information correctly, we would have to have 2 Business Class subscriptions for each attorney—one for the attorney’s team and one for the firm—in order to have those features available at both levels. Is that correct? That doesn’t really seem right or that it should be that way. Perhaps I’m thinking about it the wrong way?

Thank you,

Jonathan

Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2017

Hi Jonathan,

Have you contacted Trello about this? support@trello.com are extremely responsive and helpful.

Mark Reeves August 17, 2020

I have the same question. I used teams as a way of separating departments within my small 7 person business. I ended up with 12 teams composed of different employees from my 7 person company.  If 7 employees are on team1, 6 are on team2 and 5 are on team3, does this mean I have to pay for (7+6+5) 18 pro memberships? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events