How do you stop scammers adding you to boards?

Ben Norris October 6, 2020

Scammers keep adding me to their boards and even though I decline they still get added.

How do you stop this spam?

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2020

I cant find it either ... I put a comment on a genuine development app ... they must of added me to the update and it shags my workstream and feed up ... told them to remove but not done so.

Searched, cant find the ability to remove my end.  Have posted to their board that dont want it.

I've also searched their board, everything.  I'm not watching anything, checked all the settings and I'm pretty conversant with most of the controls.

Ironically, its a another kanban board, that I have taken out since for its admin and invoice ability, but is ruining my trello feed, get tones of emails I've just had to put an outlook rule on and hence miss work related alerts ... and I only have one live collaboration project on Trello, rest is my own which wont get alerts for.

Its highly annoying, to the extent I'm moving some of my essential collaboration off of the Trello service to another provider and afraid potential Trello customers are comming with.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2020

@Ben Norris You should be able to see the account that added you, I think that all you can do is report it to Trello support so they can develop a means of guarding against it, you need to do that by going back to trello.com/contact

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events