Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you set a rule where the due date is updated with custom field dates?

Chi, Jacklyn December 5, 2020

I have several custom fields with different important milestone dates and have set the earliest one as the first due date. Is it possible to create a rule that will allow the initial due date to automatically change over to the next upcoming custom field date, and therefore set a new due date? In order words, I want to create a rule such that when a date set in a custom field is reached, it will trigger an automatic update of the due date to the a date I put in another custom field. It would essentially look something like this, but I couldn't make sense of the current rule options to make this happen:

Rule1
Trigger: One day after ["Custom Field date 1"] at [8:00 am]
Action: Set due date to ["Custom Field Date 2"]

Rule 2
Trigger: One day after ["Custom Field date 2"] at [8:00 am]
Action: Set due date to ["Custom Field Date 3"]

Etc....

Thanks so much!

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2020

Your going to be looking at Butler, though its not one I use ... or create rule in Zapier (another I dont use) as the basic board does not have the functionality without intergrations from third party app providers.

Chi, Jacklyn December 7, 2020

Thanks Stephen, I was trying to do this using Butler but couldn't figure out how to set it up to do what I need.

MF_BOT October 30, 2023

@Chi, Jacklyn Did you ever figure this out?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events