It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do you sell your trello board templates?

I've seen people who sell their templates. I created one that I would like to sell to my audience. So I have some questions:

1. It looks like I have to upgrade to business class to create a template. Is this true?

2. If I create a template, then does it automatically go into the public templates or can I keep it just for those who have the link or are added?

3. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it as simple as adding the link to the purchase page or to the email confirmation of purchase?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I actually got an answer to this from Trello support.

Basically, their terms of service prohibit derivative works.  So... 

"Regarding the method you would take to sell those boards and grant access after their payment, that's not something we're able to advise on, since selling templates does fall outside of the expected use of the feature."

So it's not technically legal to sell the templates.  Whether Trello would take legal action is another question.

I think that a workaround would be to make the template public (yes, you need business class to do that), then sell some other product (like templates, PDFs, etc.) but have the Trello board be a "free" bonus.

Hi Jessica, do you have an answer for this? I would like to know this as well. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,520 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you