Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you sell your trello board templates?

Jessica Moody December 1, 2019

I've seen people who sell their templates. I created one that I would like to sell to my audience. So I have some questions:

1. It looks like I have to upgrade to business class to create a template. Is this true?

2. If I create a template, then does it automatically go into the public templates or can I keep it just for those who have the link or are added?

3. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it as simple as adding the link to the purchase page or to the email confirmation of purchase?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susie Hines July 10, 2020

I actually got an answer to this from Trello support.

Basically, their terms of service prohibit derivative works.  So... 

"Regarding the method you would take to sell those boards and grant access after their payment, that's not something we're able to advise on, since selling templates does fall outside of the expected use of the feature."

So it's not technically legal to sell the templates.  Whether Trello would take legal action is another question.

I think that a workaround would be to make the template public (yes, you need business class to do that), then sell some other product (like templates, PDFs, etc.) but have the Trello board be a "free" bonus.

migueldiganchi August 22, 2023

Hi Susie,

I believe Trello team just says they don't are able to advise on that. But is not prohibit,

Regards from Argentina!

1 vote
Kelly Fore Dixon May 26, 2020

Hi Jessica, do you have an answer for this? I would like to know this as well. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events