Create
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How do you repeat a Trello card weekly into a different Trello board?

Evan Regez September 18, 2019

For example: I have card A in board 1. I want to set card A to repeat weekly into board 2. Is this possible?

More detailed: I want every card under a specific list in Board 1 to repeat itself weekly into board 2 under a specific list.

I understand how to set a card to repeat, but not into a different board destination.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2019

Hi Evan!

Butler is perfect for this! Here's the command you'll want to set up:

Pasted Graphic 1.pngJust change the lists and boards to what you need (and the time/date of the Trigger) and you're good to go!

Just note that doing this on a schedule will require Trello Gold/Business Class to work. If you don't have that, you could make a Board Button that does this Action, and just manually trigger it.

Hope this helps!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

Hmm this is an interesting question. I don't really know that it's possible to do that. Can you show me a little more about your use case / give specific examples of what you're trying to accomplish and I might be able to help you find a workaround? 

Anything with automation is generally possible with Butler.

paging @Devon HendersonšŸ˜„

Evan Regez September 18, 2019

Butler is helpful.

I have a list of customer cards in one board that need to be billed weekly and are on a weekly repeat. This list is created from a list of customers found in another board (Board B) I only want the cards on Board A to repeat if they are found in that specific list in Board B.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

You might be able to set something up like this in Zapier. Basically If card x exists in Board B, create card in Board A. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events